CPE have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Stock Controller to join our quality team in Tamworth to focus on material inspection and inventory management.
CPE have been a manufacturer of pressure vessels, air receivers and pipework for over 70 years. We have design and manufacturing capabilities predominately serving the oil & gas, nuclear and water industries.
We are a dynamic and forward looking company with a talented team of engineers and welders. The last decade has seen a strong growth period which has required investment in our facilities and infrastructure. We have ambition to continue our growth journey as we look to become one of the UK’s leading vessel fabricators in our sector.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Goods inward material inspection
- Maintaining stock levels
- Purchase order maintenance
- Expediting suppliers
- Assist with materials requirement planning
- Issuing of materials on ERP system
- Maintaining stocks records and MTC’s
- Participate in weekly production meetings
- Raise NCR’s for supply issues
- Completion of work orders
- Support the quality team
- Monthly stock records for accounting purposes
- Control of sub contact activities and certification
- Assist with despatch and logistics
- Good IT skill
- Quality and inspection experience
- Experience with ERP systems
- Knowledge of NDE processes
- Team working skills
- Good communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
The role will require an experienced Stock Controller or Store Person with a strong quality background. Inventory management experience within the piping industry or similar and use of a digital ERP system or equivalent would be ideal.
As part of the quality team the role will require a keen eye for detail for inspection of inbound materials against specifications and MTC’s. Stock levels will need to be maintained and jobs kitted with materials issued on our ERP system to ensure continuity of production. Communication with suppliers and assistance with logistics and despatch with also form part of the role. Team working, involving close collaboration with productions teams ensuring material readiness to maintain production schedules will be imperative.
What we’re offering:
- An opportunity to work and develop your career in a friendly, fast-growing business
- Additional training to support growth
- A competitive basic salary (depending on experience) plus benefits including a bonus scheme