CPE have been a leading manufacturer of pressure vessels, air receivers and pipework for over 70 years. We have design and manufacturing capabilities predominately serving the oil & gas, nuclear and water industries.
We are a dynamic and forward looking company with a talented team of engineers and welders. The last decade has seen a strong growth period which has required investment in our facilities and infrastructure. We have ambition to continue our growth journey as we look to become one of the UK’s leading vessel fabricators in our sector.
The role will require a hands-on engineer to assist with design, drawing, material procurement and project management. The position will support the projects delivery team and will need attention to detail to ensure quality standards are maintained and good communication skills with both internal teams, and critically customer liaison.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design activities, including drawings, technical specifications and design calculations fully in accordance with relevant design codes and customer specifications etc
- Production of technical documentation such as weld maps and quality plans
- Material procurement
- Support fabrication facilities
- Effective project management to ensure quality and delivery
- Production of full BOM’s using in house ERP software to support procurement.
- Production of technical and project documentation.
- Work in close collaboration with our projects and sales team, offering support in reviewing and producing drawings
- Manage customer relationships and communicate effectively with customers
- Qualified in Engineering to HND or Degree level (or equivalent).
- Fully competent in AutoCAD
- Experience with design software PV Elite
- Working knowledge of pressure vessel design codes EN13445, ASME VIII Div 1 & PD5500
- Knowledge of pressure vessel fabrication processes, including welding and NDE.
- Good project management skills
- Good communication skills with clients and team members
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
The role will require an experienced pressure vessel Project Engineer, ideally with AutoCAD experience and vessel code knowledge. However, the wider goal is to build and develop a design and projects team to meet the needs of the business as it continues to grow. We are a close functioning team and we want to make sure the culture of the business is retained as we grow.
What we’re offering:
- An opportunity to work and develop your career in a friendly, fast-growing business
- A competitive salary (depending on experience) plus benefits including a bonus scheme