CPE have been a leading manufacturer of pressure vessels, air receivers and pipework for over 70 years. We have design and manufacturing capabilities predominately serving the oil & gas, nuclear and water industries.
We are a dynamic and forward looking company with a talented team of engineers and welders. The last decade has seen a strong growth period which has required investment in our facilities and infrastructure. We have ambition to continue our growth journey as we look to become one of the UK’s leading vessel fabricators in our sector.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the design function of the business and support the wider team with technical issues.
- Design activities, including drawings, technical specifications and design calculations fully in accordance with relevant design codes and customer specifications etc
- Production of technical documentation such as weld maps and quality plans
- Checking of others work for compliance to codes and specifications.
- Support on technical queries and audits
- Active involvement in the training of junior Design Engineers
- Production of full BOM’s using in house ERP software to support procurement.
- Production of technical and project documentation.
- Generate accurate calculations and information to notified bodies
- Work in close collaboration with our projects and sales team, offering support in reviewing and producing drawings
- Constantly look to optimise design – in order that customer requirements are met/exceed
- Manage customer relationships and communicate effectively with customers
- Qualified in Engineering to HND or Degree level (or equivalent).
- Fully competent in AutoCAD
- Experience with design software PV Elite
- Working knowledge of pressure vessel design codes EN13445, ASME VIII Div 1 & PD5500
- Ideally experienced with the ASME U & UM stamp
- Knowledge of pressure vessel fabrication processes, including welding and NDE.
- Good project management skills
- Good communication skills with clients and team members
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
The role will require an experienced pressure vessel design engineer, ideally with AutoCAD experience and extensive vessel code knowledge. However, the wider goal is to build and develop a design and projects team to meet the needs of the business as it continues to grow. We are close functioning team and we want to make sure the culture of the business is retained as we grow.
What we’re offering:
- An opportunity to work and develop your career in a friendly, fast-growing business
- A competitive salary (depending on experience) plus benefits including a bonus scheme