CPE have been a leading manufacturer of pressure vessels, air receivers and pipework for over 70 years. We have design and manufacturing capabilities predominately serving the oil & gas, nuclear and water industries.
We are a dynamic and forward looking company with a talented team of engineers and welders. The last decade has seen a strong growth period which has required investment in our facilities and infrastructure. We have ambition to continue our growth journey as we look to become one of the UK’s leading vessel fabricators in our sector.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design activities, including drawings, technical specifications and design calculations fully in accordance with relevant design codes and customer specifications etc
- Production full BOM’s using in house ERP software
- Production of technical and project documentation.
- Generate accurate calculations and information to notified bodies
- Work in close collaboration with our projects and sales team, offering support in reviewing and producing drawings
- Constantly look to optimise design – in order that customer requirements are met/exceed
- Manage customer relationships and communicate effectively with customers
- Qualified in Engineering to HND or Degree level (or equivalent).
- Fully competent AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of pressure vessel design codes EN13445, ASME VIII Div 1 & PD5500
- Experience with design software PV Elite
- Good project management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
The role will require an experienced Auto CAD technician, ideally with pressure vessel design experience and vessel code knowledge. However, the wider goal is to build and develop a design and projects team to meet the needs of the business as it continues to grow. We are close functioning team and we want to make sure the culture of the business is retained as we grow.
What we’re offering:
- An opportunity to work and develop your career in a friendly, fast-growing business
- Additional training to support growth
- A competitive basic salary (depending on experience) plus benefits including a bonus scheme